Brothers Arrested in Clovis after Standoff
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police arrested two brothers after a swat standoff in Clovis ended peacefully.
It all started around 5:30 Thursday morning when a Clovis Police Officer tried to pull over a driver for a mechanical violation.
Police say the driver ran a stop sign, then ditched his car and ran into an apartment complex at Peach and Santa Ana.
32-year-old Dominic Corente was a passenger in that car. He surrendered to officers for a parole violation.
Police say the man's brother, 38-year-old Jesse Corente ran into the apartment complex with what appeared to be a rifle bag.
The swat team was called out around 7:30. A negotiator contacted the suspect on the phone and talked him out of his apartment shortly after nine Thursday morning.
No bag or a weapon was found inside his apartment. Officers say Jesse Corente is a wanted parolee.
clovis, crimetracker, swat, local
- 5.7 earthquake strikes northeast of Chico
- BBQ101 at Caruthers High School
- Parlier homicide victim identified as Francisco Esquivel-Lucio
- Maldonado family sues Fresno over underground bike path
- Fire destroys the Oakhurst Lodge
- Fresno Police looking for robbery suspect
- Bicyclist hit by big rig in Madera County
- Jurors deadlock on Jodi Arias penalty
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Man allegedly downloads child porn at McDonald's
- Obama defends drone strikes but says no cure-all
- Crisis Map of Moore, Oklahoma Tornado Damage
- 4 arrested after exchanging gunfire with police
- Yellow Jacket iPhone stun gun case