Brothers Arrested in Clovis after Standoff
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- Police arrested two brothers after a swat standoff in Clovis ended peacefully.
It all started around 5:30 Thursday morning when a Clovis Police Officer tried to pull over a driver for a mechanical violation.
Police say the driver ran a stop sign, then ditched his car and ran into an apartment complex at Peach and Santa Ana.
32-year-old Dominic Corente was a passenger in that car. He surrendered to officers for a parole violation.
Police say the man's brother, 38-year-old Jesse Corente ran into the apartment complex with what appeared to be a rifle bag.
The swat team was called out around 7:30. A negotiator contacted the suspect on the phone and talked him out of his apartment shortly after nine Thursday morning.
No bag or a weapon was found inside his apartment. Officers say Jesse Corente is a wanted parolee.
clovis, crimetracker, swat, local
- Fresno couple wins $1 million on scratcher
- Arrest made in Tulare County officer-involved shooting
- Surveillance video released in Hanford murder
- No time added for killer of Atwater prison guard
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction
- Photos: Massive fire damages vacant building in SF
- Mariposa is putting limits on marijuana grows
- Noticeable drop in Valley flu cases
- New painkiller 10 times stronger than Vicodin
- Athletes embracing "extreme" exercise trends
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Accuweather Forecast
19 min ago