Police Chase Ends When Car Crashes into Hydrant
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Police chase ended abruptly Saturday afternoon when the driver crashed into a fire hydrant in Downtown Fresno.
Sheriff's deputies say it started when they spotted a reckless driver. They tried to pull him over, but he didn't stop until he hit the hydrant.
The driver took off running after the accident and he hasn't been caught, but police have a good idea who he is. He's wanted for reckless driving, evading arrest and hit-and-run.
Firefighters had to turn off the hydrant to stop the flooding along Van Ness.
police chase, fresno, fresno downtown, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos