Police Chase Ends When Car Crashes into Hydrant
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Police chase ended abruptly Saturday afternoon when the driver crashed into a fire hydrant in Downtown Fresno.
Sheriff's deputies say it started when they spotted a reckless driver. They tried to pull him over, but he didn't stop until he hit the hydrant.
The driver took off running after the accident and he hasn't been caught, but police have a good idea who he is. He's wanted for reckless driving, evading arrest and hit-and-run.
Firefighters had to turn off the hydrant to stop the flooding along Van Ness.
police chase, fresno, fresno downtown, local
- Get the Winning Numbers for Powerball!
- Valley man kills intruder with samurai sword
- Welty's final commencement at Fresno State
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Pacers knock out Knicks with 106-99 win in Game 6
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- San Jose Sharks fined $100,000 for GM's comments
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus
- Sikh man who was beaten shares his story
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos