Police Chase Ends When Car Crashes into Hydrant
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Police chase ended abruptly Saturday afternoon when the driver crashed into a fire hydrant in Downtown Fresno.
Sheriff's deputies say it started when they spotted a reckless driver. They tried to pull him over, but he didn't stop until he hit the hydrant.
The driver took off running after the accident and he hasn't been caught, but police have a good idea who he is. He's wanted for reckless driving, evading arrest and hit-and-run.
Firefighters had to turn off the hydrant to stop the flooding along Van Ness.
police chase, fresno, fresno downtown, local
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay
- Police arrest escaped Merced C.O. Jail inmate
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos