2010 Fresno County Mother of the Year
EASTON, Calif. (KFSN) -- Mother's day is still a couple weeks away, but a Fresno County mom received an early present, and a big surprise.
"I'm here to tell you, you are mother of the year."
Margaree Hightower was honored with flowers at her home in Easton Thursday night. The mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother has been named the 2010 Fresno County Mother of the Year. She was nominated by her family.
It's the 68th year for the event, sponsored by the Fresno County Women's Chamber of Commerce. Margaree was in tears as she received her tiara.
"I don't have words to explain. I don't deserve it, but I have it, so thank you," said Margaree Jennings-Hightower.
Margaree, along with finalist Shawna Speake of Clovis will be honored at a luncheon on Friday, May 7th; two days before Mothers Day.
easton, fresno county, local
- Deputy-involved shooting in Tulare County
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy 23 min ago
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident