2010 Fresno County Mother of the Year
EASTON, Calif. (KFSN) -- Mother's day is still a couple weeks away, but a Fresno County mom received an early present, and a big surprise.
"I'm here to tell you, you are mother of the year."
Margaree Hightower was honored with flowers at her home in Easton Thursday night. The mother, grandmother, and great-grandmother has been named the 2010 Fresno County Mother of the Year. She was nominated by her family.
It's the 68th year for the event, sponsored by the Fresno County Women's Chamber of Commerce. Margaree was in tears as she received her tiara.
"I don't have words to explain. I don't deserve it, but I have it, so thank you," said Margaree Jennings-Hightower.
Margaree, along with finalist Shawna Speake of Clovis will be honored at a luncheon on Friday, May 7th; two days before Mothers Day.
easton, fresno county, local
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- National memorial to be held for Nelson Mandela
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Man wanted for shooting near Fresno ice rink arrested
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Photos: Winter Wonderland