32 Positions Eliminated from Fresno County Sheriff's Office
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The Fresno County Board of Supervisors approved Sheriff Margaret Mims request to cut dozens of positions from her department.
Mims originally asked the county to cut 67-positions, but officials say that number was reduced because of retirements and people leaving the sheriff's office.
32-positions will now be lost, 17 from vacant positions, and 15 jobs that are currently occupied. Those 15 correctional officers will be laid off within the next week.
economy, fresno county, sheriff margaret mims, fresno county board of supervisors, fresno county sheriff department, local, deshaunta bullock
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 54 min ago
- AP: FBI investigates prison company 38 min ago
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Girl Scout Cookie dessert recipes
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Unemployment rises to 6.7 percent in February
- Fresno County veteran receives national award
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Con man steals millions from elderly
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Photos: 16th-century 'rocket cat' weaponry pictures
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase