Elderly Clovis Man Beaten and Bloodied in Home Invasion
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An elderly Clovis man was left beaten and bloodied after a home invasion robbery. It happened at his home near Sunnyside and 1st in Central Clovis on Tuesday afternoon. Police spokesperson Janet Stoll-Lee provided details. "Apparently three young men, either juveniles or young adults described only as Hispanic, knocked on the door. He opened the door they immediately began kicking him, trying to hurt him, demanding money and they ransacked the house."
The victim told police one of the men had a gun. He said that while the robbers were looking for cash he managed to call police. The robbers got away before officers arrived. It's not clear what if anything was taken. Neighbor Larry Beintker was coming home from the store when he saw the scene. "The police are all here and he was laying out there covered with blood."
The victim was hospitalized with cuts and bruises. It's the second home invasion robbery in Clovis this year. The first occurred in February near Buchanan High School. It's also similar to a home invasion robbery that occurred in Sanger less than a week ago, in which an elderly woman was the victim. There's no indication the incidents are related. But Police are urging caution when strangers come to your door. "It's not a bad idea to leave that door closed. It's a sad thing to say." Stoll-Lee said.
Neighbor Larry Beintker, and his girlfriend, Eloise Wright see this incident as a sign of the times. "It's a heck of a way to have to live, but that's the way it is now," said Larry.
Eloise added, "This is just the beginning of what's going to go on in this world. And how our world is working today."
crimetracker, home invasion, clovis, clovis police department, local, gene haagenson
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals