Clovis Man Beaten in Home Invasion Speaks Out
CLOVIS, Calif. (KFSN) -- The victim of a home invasion robbery in Clovis is speaking out. The 80-year-old man was attacked and robbed Tuesday evening in his home near Sunnyside and First.
A day after being brutally attacked, Walt Eastwood is home, recovering from the beating and pistol whipping he received from three young men.
"Well, they just banged all over my head. Had to be the pistol ... and when i got down here they kicked the living hell out of me," said Eastwood.
The attack occurred late Tuesday afternoon at Eastwood's home near Sunnyside and First in Clovis. Eastwood says when he answered the door they forced their way in, beat him and headed straight for his hidden safe.
"That safe, I believe they had to know somebody had to tell them where it is. Very few people knew where that safe was at," said Eastwood.
Eastwood says they took cash, along with a collection of silver dollars, and his wife's diamond ring. When asked what would he say to his attackers, Eastwood says, he would tell them to get some help ... to straighten out their lives before it's too late.
Eastwood said, "I don't know if they were gang members or what they were or who they were. I don't hate anybody, but if I'd had a gun and had a chance I'd probably have killed them."
Eastwood says he hates the idea, but says he may get a gun. Clovis Police are following possible leads from neighbors, but haven't identified any suspects.
crimetracker, home invasion, clovis, clovis police department, local, gene haagenson
- 4.1 earthquake shakes the Central Valley 30 min ago
- Ryan Rodriquez kidnapping suspect descriptions released 46 min ago
- Former Clovis cop will face domestic violence trial
- Marathoner Fresno police officer outruns serial burglar
- How to make Christmas cookies and cocktails
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Woman twerking serves as lookout for alleged burglar
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- Son sought in beating of parents in Fresno
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Accuweather Forecast
58 min ago