4-year-old dies in dirt bike accident
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A four year old Tulare boy was killed when the motorcycle he was a passenger on hit a steel cable stretched across a country road. The mishap occurred near the Tulare County town of Woodville late Monday morning.
According to the California Highway Patrol the child was on the seat in front of the driver. The driver failed to see the cable, which blocked a narrow dirt road leading to a dairy just North of Woodville.
The driver and the child were thrown from the vehicle. The Tulare County Fire Department reports the child was also run over by another motorcycle that had been following behind. The Highway Patrol was unable to confirm that report.
The boy was taken in a private car to the old fire station in Woodville. The building is now a storage facility, but a Fire Department employee at the building started efforts to revive the child until an ambulance arrived. The boy was pronounced dead at Sierra View District Hospital in Porterville.
The driver of the motorcycle, Eduardo Martinez, of Woodville suffered serious injuries and was hospitalized. According to the Highway Patrol he could face a variety of charges including manslaughter, and vehicle theft. The motorcycle he was riding was reportedly stolen in Lemoore.
woodville, tulare county, local, gene haagenson
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Fatal car accident kills pedestrian in Merced
- Valley farmers see minimal damage to citrus crops
- Fresno State to play USC Las Vegas Bowl
- New Jersey restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- Avatars helping athletes
- Costly headphone disappoints
- 2 arrested in Tulare Co for allegedly shooting man several times
- 4 displaced after Central Fresno house fire
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Rain could pose threat to Valley orange crops
- Toys for Tots Marathon Weekend 2013
- Low elevation snow catches some off guard
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Accuweather Forecast
14 min ago