Baby giraffe dies at the Fresno Chaffee Zoo
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A baby giraffe born last week at the Fresno Chaffee Zoo died early Tuesday morning.
The giraffe was born at the zoo last Tuesday.
Zoo officials said the baby giraffe started showing signs of distress Monday afternoon. The giraffe suffered a series of seizures in the evening.
The zookeepers weren't able to identify what caused the animal to fall ill. It died shortly before 3:30 Tuesday morning.
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- 10 more bodies found inside sunken ferry by divers
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Credit card skimming device found at gas station
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Singer Juan Gabriel released from Vegas hospital
- Easter Brunch recipe