Baby giraffe dies at the Fresno Chaffee Zoo
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A baby giraffe born last week at the Fresno Chaffee Zoo died early Tuesday morning.
The giraffe was born at the zoo last Tuesday.
Zoo officials said the baby giraffe started showing signs of distress Monday afternoon. The giraffe suffered a series of seizures in the evening.
The zookeepers weren't able to identify what caused the animal to fall ill. It died shortly before 3:30 Tuesday morning.
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles 41 min ago
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos