Baby giraffe dies at the Fresno Chaffee Zoo
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A baby giraffe born last week at the Fresno Chaffee Zoo died early Tuesday morning.
The giraffe was born at the zoo last Tuesday.
Zoo officials said the baby giraffe started showing signs of distress Monday afternoon. The giraffe suffered a series of seizures in the evening.
The zookeepers weren't able to identify what caused the animal to fall ill. It died shortly before 3:30 Tuesday morning.
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez 21 min ago
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks 30 min ago
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members