Baby giraffe dies at the Fresno Chaffee Zoo
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A baby giraffe born last week at the Fresno Chaffee Zoo died early Tuesday morning.
The giraffe was born at the zoo last Tuesday.
Zoo officials said the baby giraffe started showing signs of distress Monday afternoon. The giraffe suffered a series of seizures in the evening.
The zookeepers weren't able to identify what caused the animal to fall ill. It died shortly before 3:30 Tuesday morning.
- Community bands together for Officer Jon Linzey
- High court upholds Delta Smelt protection
- Fresno cop investigated for auto theft, drugs
- Man missing near Shaver Lake found alive and well
- More than 400 guns were seized in SoCal
- Family headed to DC for father's Medal of Honor
- Valley Sikhs speak out on bullying report
- Police fight spike in Tower District crime
- Peach Blossom Festival growing each year
- Merced authorities see rise in honey oil explosions
- Musical mavericks make waves
- Pet Adoption of the Week: Lady Bug
- Fallout from Target's data breach
- Street sweeper finds shooting victim in Fresno