Atwater man rescued from canal died at hospital
WINTON, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 68-year-old man from Atwater died after his truck clipped a big rig and plunged into a canal.
It happened early Wednesday morning near Castle Airport at Shaffer Road and Palm Avenue in Merced County.
The California Highway Patrol says two good Samaritans jumped into the water, broke out the vehicle's window and pulled Inocente Morales from the submerged truck.
Paramedics arrived and revived the man, but the Atwater man died at the hospital.
winton, merced county, local
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos