Atwater man rescued from canal died at hospital
WINTON, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 68-year-old man from Atwater died after his truck clipped a big rig and plunged into a canal.
It happened early Wednesday morning near Castle Airport at Shaffer Road and Palm Avenue in Merced County.
The California Highway Patrol says two good Samaritans jumped into the water, broke out the vehicle's window and pulled Inocente Morales from the submerged truck.
Paramedics arrived and revived the man, but the Atwater man died at the hospital.
winton, merced county, local
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia 42 min ago
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case
- Clovis mother writes 'It's Ok, Mama Has Cancer'