Atwater man rescued from canal died at hospital
WINTON, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 68-year-old man from Atwater died after his truck clipped a big rig and plunged into a canal.
It happened early Wednesday morning near Castle Airport at Shaffer Road and Palm Avenue in Merced County.
The California Highway Patrol says two good Samaritans jumped into the water, broke out the vehicle's window and pulled Inocente Morales from the submerged truck.
Paramedics arrived and revived the man, but the Atwater man died at the hospital.
winton, merced county, local
- Amber Alert canceled after boy, 12, found safe 12 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Chowchilla
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery