Atwater man rescued from canal died at hospital
WINTON, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 68-year-old man from Atwater died after his truck clipped a big rig and plunged into a canal.
It happened early Wednesday morning near Castle Airport at Shaffer Road and Palm Avenue in Merced County.
The California Highway Patrol says two good Samaritans jumped into the water, broke out the vehicle's window and pulled Inocente Morales from the submerged truck.
Paramedics arrived and revived the man, but the Atwater man died at the hospital.
winton, merced county, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos