Atwater man rescued from canal died at hospital
WINTON, Calif. (KFSN) -- A 68-year-old man from Atwater died after his truck clipped a big rig and plunged into a canal.
It happened early Wednesday morning near Castle Airport at Shaffer Road and Palm Avenue in Merced County.
The California Highway Patrol says two good Samaritans jumped into the water, broke out the vehicle's window and pulled Inocente Morales from the submerged truck.
Paramedics arrived and revived the man, but the Atwater man died at the hospital.
winton, merced county, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals