Deadly crash closes HWY 99 near Fowler
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- All southbound lanes of Highway 99 in Fresno County are back open after a fatal accident.
The accident happened just after midnight at HWY 99 near Adams Avenue near Fowler. The Highway Patrol says a red Ford Mustang drove underneath a big rig pickup truck.
The driver of the Mustang died on scene. The driver of the big rig was not hurt.
The Highway Patrol shut down two lanes of southbound 99 while they conducted their investigation. But they reopened those lanes just before 3:30 this morning.
fowler, fresno county, traffic, local
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County 34 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case 35 min ago
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed