Meth, handgun, and assault rifle seized in Fresno County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A two month undercover investigation by the Fresno County Sheriff's Office has taken down a sizeable methamphetamine ring.
Undercover deputies bought five pounds of crystal meth Wednesday night near Fowler. They arrested five men who they believe were selling drugs from San Jose to Eastern Fresno County. Investigators also recovered a gun in the car where the drugs were found.
Fresno County Sheriff Margaret Mims says the suspects carried the meth in a "Superman backpack" that also had diapers in it to conceal the drugs.
"We actually have a drug trafficking organization connected to Mexico. We found Western Union receipts where money was wired to Mexico. They were Mexican nationals that were arrested here illegally."
Deputies also recovered three more pounds of meth and an assault rifle while serving a related search warrant in Orange Cove. Investigators say the suspects will likely face federal charges.
crimetracker, fresno county, fowler, sheriff margaret mims, fresno county sheriff department, local
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Local heroes honored for bravery in Fresno
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- $20 thousand reward for missing Fresno man
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Lemoore Naval Air Station pilots return home
- Fatal Planada shooting alarmingly similar to another
- Sonic apologizes for racist sign
- Photos: Technology Gift Guide
- Don't wait until the New Year to get fit
21 min ago