Body found in Downtown Fresno indentified
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are saying very little about a suspicious death in Downtown Fresno. The body of the man was found in China Alley near Kern and "F" Street just before 7:00 Friday morning.
Police dogs were brought out to sniff for evidence. Friends have identified the victim as 74-year-old Luis Ruiz. For now, investigators are not saying why they consider it to be a suspicious death other than the location of the body.
Fresno Police, Lt. Burke Farrah said, "It's just not a normal place for folks to die. People typically die in hospitals and other places like that, not in an ally."
Detectives say police video on nearby streets and witness statements could provide more answers in this case.
fresno, fresno chinatown, fresno downtown, crimetracker, local, john-thomas kobos
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals