Body found in Downtown Fresno indentified
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Investigators are saying very little about a suspicious death in Downtown Fresno. The body of the man was found in China Alley near Kern and "F" Street just before 7:00 Friday morning.
Police dogs were brought out to sniff for evidence. Friends have identified the victim as 74-year-old Luis Ruiz. For now, investigators are not saying why they consider it to be a suspicious death other than the location of the body.
Fresno Police, Lt. Burke Farrah said, "It's just not a normal place for folks to die. People typically die in hospitals and other places like that, not in an ally."
Detectives say police video on nearby streets and witness statements could provide more answers in this case.
fresno, fresno chinatown, fresno downtown, crimetracker, local, john-thomas kobos
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180 25 min ago
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father 18 min ago
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Businessman announces run for Fresno City Council
- Murderer apologizes for killing pregnant woman
- Mother of 2-year-old that died faces felony charges
- Who will be Mayor?
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway...
27 min ago