Local soldiers return home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Some local soldiers are back home with their families just in time for the memorial day holiday.
Excited family members greeted the troops at the Fresno airport Friday. 20-year-old Jesus Gomez Junior from Parlier was met with hugs and kisses from his loved ones.
He's been serving for the past 8 months with the army in Afghanistan.
"I'm very proud of him, he's got a good head on his shoulder and he's got a lot coming to him. He's a good kid," Sally Gomez said.
"I miss my mom, I miss my family, I miss everyone, I'm just glad to be back," Jesus Gomez said.
Jesus will be on leave for the next year. After that, he says he expects to be deployed somewhere in the states.
fresno, afghanistan, parlier, local
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals