Woman run down by car during post graduation brawl
EASTON, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's Investigators are looking for the driver who ran down a person after a graduation ceremony.
It happened around 8:30 Tuesday night in a parking lot at Washington Union High School in Easton.
Investigators say a continuation school graduation had just finished when a fight broke out that spilled into the parking lot. They say a driver struck a woman with their car.
Deputies say it was chaotic.
"We had people everywhere, not everybody was fighting. We had some who were just standing around and was tough for us because when we pulled up, we didn't know who was involved," said Sgt. Brent Stalker.
Deputies haven't identified the woman. They say her injuries are not considered life threatening. They have yet to release details about the suspect's vehicle.
easton, fresno county, local
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Tips to protect Fido from the freeze 38 min ago
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water