Teen killed in DUI accident near Springville, brother arrested
PORTERVILLE, Calif. (KFSN) -- 17-year-old Jacob Van Winkle was killed in a car crash early Friday morning. He was supposed to graduate from Porterville High School. The car was driven by his brother -- 22-year-old Robert Van Winkle.
Robert has been booked into the Tulare County Jail on drunken driving charges ... after his car swerved out of control and hit a tree outside Springville.
springville, porterville, tulare county, local, gene haagenson
- Deputies shoot at suspect after patrol car rammed
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos