Teen killed in DUI accident near Springville, brother arrested
PORTERVILLE, Calif. (KFSN) -- 17-year-old Jacob Van Winkle was killed in a car crash early Friday morning. He was supposed to graduate from Porterville High School. The car was driven by his brother -- 22-year-old Robert Van Winkle.
Robert has been booked into the Tulare County Jail on drunken driving charges ... after his car swerved out of control and hit a tree outside Springville.
springville, porterville, tulare county, local, gene haagenson
- Fresno State defeats Utah State 24-17
- Deputies search for missing 31-year-old Huron man
- Highway 41 closed near Tenaya Lodge
- Train hits pedestrian and dog in Central Fresno
- Video: Mountain communities wake up to snow
- Nelson Mandela family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting
- Animal shelter seeks donations to keep dogs warm
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms
- Police increase patrols on Fulton Mall after shooting
- Valley utility workers gear up for freezing weather