Lindsay Police shoot burglary suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in the hospital after being shot by an officer. The shooting happened Thursday afternoon at Fresno Street and Westwood Avenue in the city of Lindsay.
Lindsay Police say an officer stopped to question two men suspected in a home break-in. One of the men ran off, but police say the other man tried to pull out an object from his waistband -- and that's when the officer opened fire. The suspect's injuries aren't life threatening. The other suspect was later arrested.
The Tulare County District Attorney's Office has taken over the investigation.
tulare county, lindsay, crimetracker, shooting, local, gene haagenson
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180 26 min ago
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase 29 min ago
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno 24 min ago