Lindsay Police shoot burglary suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in the hospital after being shot by an officer. The shooting happened Thursday afternoon at Fresno Street and Westwood Avenue in the city of Lindsay.
Lindsay Police say an officer stopped to question two men suspected in a home break-in. One of the men ran off, but police say the other man tried to pull out an object from his waistband -- and that's when the officer opened fire. The suspect's injuries aren't life threatening. The other suspect was later arrested.
The Tulare County District Attorney's Office has taken over the investigation.
tulare county, lindsay, crimetracker, shooting, local, gene haagenson
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 1 min ago
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies