Lindsay Police shoot burglary suspect
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A man is in the hospital after being shot by an officer. The shooting happened Thursday afternoon at Fresno Street and Westwood Avenue in the city of Lindsay.
Lindsay Police say an officer stopped to question two men suspected in a home break-in. One of the men ran off, but police say the other man tried to pull out an object from his waistband -- and that's when the officer opened fire. The suspect's injuries aren't life threatening. The other suspect was later arrested.
The Tulare County District Attorney's Office has taken over the investigation.
tulare county, lindsay, crimetracker, shooting, local, gene haagenson
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting 27 min ago
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course 46 min ago
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic...
57 min ago
- Lawsuit filed after fight at Fresno's Elbow...
52 min ago