Donnie Srabian not guilty of assaulting sheriff's deputy
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A jury has just found a Fresno county man not guilty of assaulting a sheriff's deputy.
During the trial, Donnie Srabian admitted to going outside his family property wearing a ski mask and holding a gun three years ago.
The deputy was at his home because of a 911 call that was the result of a phone malfunction.
The deputy says he thought he interrupted a home invasion when he saw an armed man in a mask coming out of the home, so, he shot Srabian.
But jurors decided Srabian couldn't have known it was a deputy-- since it was dark and a light was in his eye.
They found him guilty of brandishing a firearm, which could still put him in jail for six months.
crimetracker, court, fowler, fresno county, shooting, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees allowed home 42 min ago
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno Co 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members