Reedley woman denied bail reduction to give birth
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Reedley mother -to- be who's accused of killing a child has hit a roadblock as she tries to get out of jail to give birth.
Megan Martzen's attorney asked for a bail reduction Thursday, but the judge refused.
Jeff Hammerschmidt had complained that his pregnant client had actually lost weight and wasn't getting regular visits from doctors.
But she was allowed to see her personal doctor who told her the baby is perfectly healthy.
Martzen is facing murder charges for the death of 17-month-old Ella Van Leeuwen.
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos