Reedley woman denied bail reduction to give birth
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Reedley mother -to- be who's accused of killing a child has hit a roadblock as she tries to get out of jail to give birth.
Megan Martzen's attorney asked for a bail reduction Thursday, but the judge refused.
Jeff Hammerschmidt had complained that his pregnant client had actually lost weight and wasn't getting regular visits from doctors.
But she was allowed to see her personal doctor who told her the baby is perfectly healthy.
Martzen is facing murder charges for the death of 17-month-old Ella Van Leeuwen.
- Woman fatally struck by vehicle on Highway 180 12 min ago
- Fresno cracks down on stolen shopping carts
- Valley veteran surprised with Purple Heart
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Dustin Gran murder trial gets underway in Modesto
- Growers discuss issues at Citrus Showcase 15 min ago
- Consumer Reports: Beware of tax scams
- Downtown Fresno gas leak prompts evacuations
- Man sentenced in fatal Los Banos DUI crash
- Russian power play: Crimea vote on joining Russia
- George Radanovich to announce he won't run for governor 48 min ago
- Business leaders discuss drought impact
- Fresno man pleads guilty to murdering father
- Free dental care to be offered in Fresno 10 min ago