Reedley woman denied bail reduction to give birth
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Reedley mother -to- be who's accused of killing a child has hit a roadblock as she tries to get out of jail to give birth.
Megan Martzen's attorney asked for a bail reduction Thursday, but the judge refused.
Jeff Hammerschmidt had complained that his pregnant client had actually lost weight and wasn't getting regular visits from doctors.
But she was allowed to see her personal doctor who told her the baby is perfectly healthy.
Martzen is facing murder charges for the death of 17-month-old Ella Van Leeuwen.
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 12 min ago
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed 49 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies