Kettleman City undergoes EPA investigation
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- State lawmakers were in Kettleman City Thursday night, to update residents there on the investigation into a string of birth defects.
The town is in the midst of an EPA investigation involving a toxic waste dumpsite on the outskirts of town.
Many residents there say the dump has contributed to several birth defects in newborns babies and the dump is only one piece of a much larger investigation.
kettleman city, toxic waste, environmental protection agency, local, shannon handy
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos