Kettleman City undergoes EPA investigation
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- State lawmakers were in Kettleman City Thursday night, to update residents there on the investigation into a string of birth defects.
The town is in the midst of an EPA investigation involving a toxic waste dumpsite on the outskirts of town.
Many residents there say the dump has contributed to several birth defects in newborns babies and the dump is only one piece of a much larger investigation.
kettleman city, toxic waste, environmental protection agency, local, shannon handy
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Fire Safety