Father's Day at Woodward Park
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It may be Father's Day but we found several dads hard at work Sunday.
For families at Woodward Park Sunday, celebrating dad included putting him in front of a grill, to cook for the rest of the family.
Many of the gatherings included generations of fathers who didn't mind the cooking duties at all.
"It's a family tradition. We've been doing it for many years. And we enjoy doing it," Gary Higdon said.
"I thought I was going to get a break. That's why they sent me over here to pick a place and I end up cooking! It's okay, I'm a chef anyway," Johnny Tabarez said.
Other dads like Raul Ruz of Madera spent Father's Day fishing with the family. But Ruz says he's already done plenty of cooking.
He got his father's day gift a week early, a barbecue grill, that he's already used several times.
fresno, woodward park, local
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house 59 min ago
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Uruguay legalizes sale, production of marijuana
- Warming tent setup for homeless in Merced County
- Debate on Fresno's water rate hike gets heated
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos