Father's Day at Woodward Park
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It may be Father's Day but we found several dads hard at work Sunday.
For families at Woodward Park Sunday, celebrating dad included putting him in front of a grill, to cook for the rest of the family.
Many of the gatherings included generations of fathers who didn't mind the cooking duties at all.
"It's a family tradition. We've been doing it for many years. And we enjoy doing it," Gary Higdon said.
"I thought I was going to get a break. That's why they sent me over here to pick a place and I end up cooking! It's okay, I'm a chef anyway," Johnny Tabarez said.
Other dads like Raul Ruz of Madera spent Father's Day fishing with the family. But Ruz says he's already done plenty of cooking.
He got his father's day gift a week early, a barbecue grill, that he's already used several times.
fresno, woodward park, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members