Father's Day at Woodward Park
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It may be Father's Day but we found several dads hard at work Sunday.
For families at Woodward Park Sunday, celebrating dad included putting him in front of a grill, to cook for the rest of the family.
Many of the gatherings included generations of fathers who didn't mind the cooking duties at all.
"It's a family tradition. We've been doing it for many years. And we enjoy doing it," Gary Higdon said.
"I thought I was going to get a break. That's why they sent me over here to pick a place and I end up cooking! It's okay, I'm a chef anyway," Johnny Tabarez said.
Other dads like Raul Ruz of Madera spent Father's Day fishing with the family. But Ruz says he's already done plenty of cooking.
He got his father's day gift a week early, a barbecue grill, that he's already used several times.
fresno, woodward park, local
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 2 min ago
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office 48 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building