Father's Day at Woodward Park
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- It may be Father's Day but we found several dads hard at work Sunday.
For families at Woodward Park Sunday, celebrating dad included putting him in front of a grill, to cook for the rest of the family.
Many of the gatherings included generations of fathers who didn't mind the cooking duties at all.
"It's a family tradition. We've been doing it for many years. And we enjoy doing it," Gary Higdon said.
"I thought I was going to get a break. That's why they sent me over here to pick a place and I end up cooking! It's okay, I'm a chef anyway," Johnny Tabarez said.
Other dads like Raul Ruz of Madera spent Father's Day fishing with the family. But Ruz says he's already done plenty of cooking.
He got his father's day gift a week early, a barbecue grill, that he's already used several times.
fresno, woodward park, local
- Perez and Barrera found guilty of 1st degree murder 36 min ago
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Michaels Crafts data breach, nearly 3M compromised
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Visalia approves limiting residents' water use
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos