Apartment fire leaves 20 without a home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Twenty people have been displaced after an apartment building near Caruthers caught fire overnight.
It happened in the 7700 block of south Henderson northwest of Caruthers.
Fresno county Cal-Fire provided these pictures of the flames coming out of the building. It took about 25 firefighters from Fresno and Kings Counties to get the fire under control.
Five units in the building were completely destroyed but a fire wall in attic stopped the fire from spreading to the other three units.
The cause of the fire is under investigation and damage is estimated at $200,000.
Red Cross is providing assistance to residents displaced because of the fire.
caruthers, fire, local
- Lemoore airman sentenced to 10 years for pimping a 17-year-old girl 4 min ago
- Calif. man arrested at border on terrorism charges 24 min ago
- Tulare Police Chief Arrested
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Man with no pants attacks Merced woman, police say
- 3rd person dies from South By Southwest crash
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos