Apartment fire leaves 20 without a home
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Twenty people have been displaced after an apartment building near Caruthers caught fire overnight.
It happened in the 7700 block of south Henderson northwest of Caruthers.
Fresno county Cal-Fire provided these pictures of the flames coming out of the building. It took about 25 firefighters from Fresno and Kings Counties to get the fire under control.
Five units in the building were completely destroyed but a fire wall in attic stopped the fire from spreading to the other three units.
The cause of the fire is under investigation and damage is estimated at $200,000.
Red Cross is providing assistance to residents displaced because of the fire.
caruthers, fire, local
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt 20 min ago
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- Jenny McCarthy announces engagement on 'The View'
- Strahan's 'GMA' side job confirmed with his visit
- Ultimate Warrior cause of death revealed
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks