Possible drowning near Kings River
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno county sheriff and fire departments are searching for a possible drowning victim near the Kings River. It happened around 5 p.m. Sunday afternoon.
A group of fishermen were fishing in a lake west of the river when the boat tipped and flipped over. At least two of the fishermen were able to swim to shore.
But a 19-year-old man is still missing in the water. The sheriff's department's search and rescue team has been deployed to look for the missing man.
We have an Action News crew on the scene and we will bring you more information as it becomes available.
kings river, missing person, local
- Dr. Joseph Castro named new Fresno State president 4 min ago
- Andy Vidak wins 16th State Senate District
- Arsonist believed to be on the loose near Orange Cove
- Family rocked by a violent tragedy finds comfort
- Ben Bernanke signals Fed to maintain stimulus efforts 53 min ago
- Eric Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor 43 min ago
- LA voters back measure to cap number of pot shops
- US home sales tick up to highest in 3 ½ years
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Newest 'Dancing' winner crowned
- Photos: Dancing with the Stars Finals
- Canned peaches may be as good for you as fresh ones
- Mild, dry weather helps California rice growers
- Two Fresno State students share their stories from Oklahoma