Burned body found in a citrus orchard near Orange Cove
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County Sheriff's investigators are working to solve a murder after the burned body of a man was found in a citrus orchard Tuesday morning.
A farm worker made the discovery around 6:30 a.m. in a field off of Manning and Hill Avenues near Orange Cove.
Investigators won't say if the victim was murdered in the orchard where he was found or whether he was dumped there.
Chris Curtice with the Fresno County Sheriff's Office said, "The body is that of a male and he was burned. The detectives aren't releasing any other details about the body. We're still trying to figure out who it is."
Deputies are working to first identify the victim before they begin re-tracing his steps. He did not have any identification on him when he died.
orange cove, fresno county, crimetracker, murder, local, sontaya rose
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled 55 min ago
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Fresno auto shops build next Wheels of Hope car
- Experts advise caution after several carbon monoxide leaks
- Freeze affects Valley's $1.5 billion citrus industry
- Merced Mercy Credit Union Cycling Classic runs its course
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Video: Valley Works: Fresno State Nursing Program
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos