Los Banos Police work to solve first homicide in three years
LOS BANOS, Calif. (KFSN) -- Los Banos Police are working to solve the city's first homicide in three years. Officers found a man's decomposed body in an apartment on West "I" Street near 2nd Street.
Police arrived at the complex after someone reported a suspicious smell coming from a first floor unit. Investigators say the man's body had been inside the home for several days.
Authorities have not released the victim's identity or cause of death. But they believe no one noticed he was missing because he mostly kept to himself. Neighbors say they're shocked and scared.
"I hope whoever did it gets caught, and soon because now everyone here in the apartment is peaking out the window, don't want to open the door, nervous."
Detectives are now searching for a car that's connected to the apartment where the man's body was found. It's a blue late 90's model two door Chevy Cavalier with California license plate number 5HZU682.
Anyone with information about the car or this case should call the Los Banos Police Department.
murder, merced county, los banos, crimetracker, local, sara sandrik
- Ryan Rodriquez found safe in Fresno County
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Man shot several times in Central Fresno
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- 2010 Greyhound Bus crash lawsuit settled
- Ex-Fresno paralegal found guilty of murder
- Accuweather Forecast
58 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos