Body found in the Kings River in Fresno County
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County investigators pulled a body out of the Kings River.
A worker with Mosquito Abatement found the body around 8:30 p.m. Monday night near Belmont and Trimmer, northeast of Sanger.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office pulled the body out of the Kings River just before midnight. The body has been transported to the coroner's office where an autopsy will be performed later Monday.
Investigators say the victim appears to have been in the water for several days. There is no information yet on who the person is, or how he/she died.
In order to gain access to the remote area, recovery crews had to cross into private property and down unpaved roads. Deputies say the four hour recovery was tough.
"We always feel bad for the victim. It's always a difficult thing to see, unfortunately this time a year we see it quite a bit," said Sgt. Brent Stalker with the Fresno County Sheriff's Department.
The Fresno County Coroner's office will start the process of determining the identity of the victim and the cause of death.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Fresno County Sheriff's Office at 488-3111.
fresno county, kings river, local, deshaunta bullock
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting 29 min ago
- Parlier man shot and killed; neighbor arrested
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard 57 min ago
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- Man dies after being hit by train in Downtown Fresno
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- Fresno PD: Man sitting in street struck, killed by car
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- Near drownings on the rise
- Students take part in robot competition in Madera 4 min ago
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos