Prison Escape in Coalinga
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An inmate in a Fresno County Prison escaped Saturday morning and now corrections officers are looking for him.
The Pleasant Valley State Prison is located in Coalinga.
Officers at the prison say 24-year-old Antonio Jaureque was in prison for a parole violation on a vehicle theft.
He was being housed in a minimum security area outside of the of the prison's secure perimeter with roughly 150 other inmates.
Prison officials are continuing to search the area around the prison for Jaureque.
He's listed at six feet tall, roughly 200 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911.
- Search continues for Tulare County OIS suspect 25 min ago
- Senator: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy
- Tiger Cubs make big debut at Fresno Chaffee Zoo 11 min ago
- Vet saves poisoned dog with vodka
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- Interpol shows image of 2 Iranians on missing jet
- Photos: Countdown: The 25 highest-paid musicians
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- Robot helps in design of High-Speed Rail
- George the Giraffe thanks kind students
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos