Prison Escape in Coalinga
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An inmate in a Fresno County Prison escaped Saturday morning and now corrections officers are looking for him.
The Pleasant Valley State Prison is located in Coalinga.
Officers at the prison say 24-year-old Antonio Jaureque was in prison for a parole violation on a vehicle theft.
He was being housed in a minimum security area outside of the of the prison's secure perimeter with roughly 150 other inmates.
Prison officials are continuing to search the area around the prison for Jaureque.
He's listed at six feet tall, roughly 200 pounds.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911.
- Magnitude-7.5 earthquake shakes Mexican capital 50 min ago
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- Investigators conduct tests with FedEx truck, bus
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Gas prices rise as temperatures heat up
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- 59 Days of Code competition encouraging developers
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos