Coroner: Minkler shooting suspect was wounded
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno County officials have revealed for the first time Friday that the man authorities say killed two law enforcement officers and wounded another in Minkler was also wounded in the gunfight.
The coroner's office said Ricky Liles was shot three times in his right forearm before he took his own life in the February standoff.
Authorities say Liles opened fire on Fresno County Sheriff's Deputies who had come to his mobile home on February 25th to serve a search warrant. Liles had apparently vowed not go to prison and to take the lives of several officers before killing himself.
Sheriff's Deputy Joel Wahlenmaier and Reedley Police Officer Javier Bejar died in the attack. Deputy Mark Harris was wounded.
minkler, fresno county, officer involved shooting, local
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe