Teen drowns at Shaver Lake
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An afternoon at Shaver Lake ended in tragedy after a 16-year-old disappeared in the water while swimming with friends.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office says the teen was swimming near the shoreline yesterday when friends lost sight of him. About 15 minutes later bystanders found the teen underwater, pulled him out, and began C.P.R.
Sheriff's Deputies arrived and took the victim to the Sierra Marina, but he was pronounced dead before he could be taken to a hospital.
The victim has been identified as Robert Maldonado of Newark, California.
shaver lake, fresno county, local
- Keeping safe this Memorial Day weekend 46 min ago
- Group finds 'structurally deficient' bridges in Valley
- Stabbing victim well known in the Tower District
- Fire truck overturns in collision in SE Fresno
- Man arrested for death of baby girl at LNAS
- Quick, long-term fixes in works for Washington bridge
- San Antonio flooding kills 1; 200-plus rescued
- Obama: Nation must do more for fallen heroes
- UK police arrest 3 more men in soldier's slaying
- 5 climbers feared dead on world's 3rd highest peak
- UK zookeeper dies from tiger attack injuries
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- Fresno State's famous sweet corn went on sale
- Are there enough police officers in Visalia?
- Accuweather Forecast
7 min ago