Teen drowns at Shaver Lake
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An afternoon at Shaver Lake ended in tragedy after a 16-year-old disappeared in the water while swimming with friends.
The Fresno County Sheriff's Office says the teen was swimming near the shoreline yesterday when friends lost sight of him. About 15 minutes later bystanders found the teen underwater, pulled him out, and began C.P.R.
Sheriff's Deputies arrived and took the victim to the Sierra Marina, but he was pronounced dead before he could be taken to a hospital.
The victim has been identified as Robert Maldonado of Newark, California.
shaver lake, fresno county, local
- One injured in Central Fresno drive-by shooting 18 min ago
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small Valley farms 52 min ago
- Toys for Tots marathon kicks off at River Park
- Police block Mexico hospital, 6 may have radiation
- 2 arrested on sex trafficking charges
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Fresno burglary suspect arrested in Central Fresno
- 3 arrested for mail theft in Madera
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Small Hmong farms losing crops to bitter cold
- US unemployment falls from 7.3 to 7 percent
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Closing arguments in murder trial against paralegal
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Freezing temperatures take toll on small...
58 min ago
- Fire Safety