'Transformers' closes part of Van Buren downtown
August 1, 2010 (CHICAGO) -- Movie fans who came out to watch Sunday night's action on the "Transformers 3" set were thrilled to meet one of the stars.
Josh Duhamel rode a bike up to the crowd at State Street and Wacker and shook hands.
Parts of Wacker and Wabash that were closed all weekend for the shoot will reopen at 5 a.m. Monday. However, Van Buren Street will be closed between Wacker and Canal from 5 a.m. Monday through 10 p.m. Wednesday, except during the evening rush from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. when at least two lanes will be opened.
An aerial photography unit also will be flying in the area and along the south branch of the Chicago River. Chicago's fire and police departments will also supervise special effects, including simulated gunfire, smoke and explosions.
- Lemoore airman sentenced to 10 years for pimping a 17-year-old girl 52 min ago
- Calif. man arrested at border on terrorism charges
- Tulare Police Chief Arrested
- Obama: Sanctions show costs to Russia on Crimea
- Merced PD looks for witnesses to deadly shooting
- LA police say no leads in abduction of 4 kids
- Man with no pants attacks Merced woman, police say
- 3rd person dies from South By Southwest crash
- Sonic robbed at gunpoint in Clovis
- Large fire burns abandoned home in Central Fresno
- Final words from jet came after systems shutdown
- Teen mom speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Final Crimea count: 97 percent back Russia
- Los Angeles police get loaner Lamborghini
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos