'Transformers' closes part of Van Buren downtown
August 1, 2010 (CHICAGO) -- Movie fans who came out to watch Sunday night's action on the "Transformers 3" set were thrilled to meet one of the stars.
Josh Duhamel rode a bike up to the crowd at State Street and Wacker and shook hands.
Parts of Wacker and Wabash that were closed all weekend for the shoot will reopen at 5 a.m. Monday. However, Van Buren Street will be closed between Wacker and Canal from 5 a.m. Monday through 10 p.m. Wednesday, except during the evening rush from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. when at least two lanes will be opened.
An aerial photography unit also will be flying in the area and along the south branch of the Chicago River. Chicago's fire and police departments will also supervise special effects, including simulated gunfire, smoke and explosions.
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos