Charges dropped in Strathmore animal abuse case
STRATHMORE, Calif. (KFSN) -- The South Valley woman accused of abusing and neglecting more than 200 animals is out of jail.
53-year-old Linda Corsiglia was arrested Thursday at her home in Strathmore. 19-animals were found dead inside. 150 dogs and cats and exotic animals were seized by animal control.
When investigators entered Linda Corsiglia's home last Thursday they found 50 dead animals -- many inside.
Also inside was Corsiglia's 16-year-old daughter who was taken by protective services. Corsiglia says she opened the rescue shelter for her daughter.
The DA said they did not have enough information to charge Corsiglia with any crimes but asked the sheriff's department to keep the investigation open.
strathmore, tulare county, crimetracker, local, john-thomas kobos
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka 49 min ago
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies