3 Killed and 4 Injured on Midpines Crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in Mariposa County have released new details about a crash that killed three people and injured four others.
It happened Saturday on Highway 140 near Midpines. The Highway Patrol says an 18-year-old woman driving a Ford Bronco drifted into oncoming traffic and hit a motorcycle.
Both people on the motorcycle were killed. They've now been identified as 39-year-old Deana Smith and 43-year-old Michael Smith of Chowchilla.
The Bronco then crashed into a Ford Escape, killing the driver, 55-year-old Sharon Law of El Portal.
The four people in the Bronco suffered moderate to major injuries. The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
midpines, mariposa county, local
- 'Family Annihilator' fugitive could be in California 18 min ago
- Malos Hechos the target of Fresno police
- Bogus Fresno Bee letter adds intrigue to DA campaign
- One of Fresno's ten most wanted criminals arrested
- Salmon moved on the San Joaquin River
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- Bloody suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Applications for US jobless aid edge up to 304,000
- Drought intensifying pest problems on farms
- Chelsea Clinton expecting 1st child
- Texas seizes polygamist group's secluded ranch
- Supermarket savings, getting more from your store
- "X-Men" director accused of sex abuse in lawsuit
- Accuweather Forecast
31 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos