3 Killed and 4 Injured on Midpines Crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Authorities in Mariposa County have released new details about a crash that killed three people and injured four others.
It happened Saturday on Highway 140 near Midpines. The Highway Patrol says an 18-year-old woman driving a Ford Bronco drifted into oncoming traffic and hit a motorcycle.
Both people on the motorcycle were killed. They've now been identified as 39-year-old Deana Smith and 43-year-old Michael Smith of Chowchilla.
The Bronco then crashed into a Ford Escape, killing the driver, 55-year-old Sharon Law of El Portal.
The four people in the Bronco suffered moderate to major injuries. The cause of the crash is still under investigation.
midpines, mariposa county, local
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County 40 min ago
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
- Inmate escapes from Merced County Jail
- 1 dead 1 injured in Merced C.O. shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos