Fresno Diocese Bishop John Steinbock is battling cancer
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The head of the Valley's catholic community has been diagnosed with cancer.
Fresno Diocese Bishop John Steinbock told church leaders last week he has lung cancer.
Steinbock is scheduled to meet with doctors this week. The 73-year-old was ordained to the priesthood in 1963.
In 1991, he was appointed bishop of the Fresno Diocese by Pope John Paul II.
fresno county, fresno, local
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 53 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Craigslist played role in Madera Co. shooting
52 min ago