Fresno Diocese Bishop John Steinbock is battling cancer
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The head of the Valley's catholic community has been diagnosed with cancer.
Fresno Diocese Bishop John Steinbock told church leaders last week he has lung cancer.
Steinbock is scheduled to meet with doctors this week. The 73-year-old was ordained to the priesthood in 1963.
In 1991, he was appointed bishop of the Fresno Diocese by Pope John Paul II.
fresno county, fresno, local
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- The Red Wave hits the road
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Police search for suspects who shot a Fresno teacher
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos