Fresno Diocese Bishop John Steinbock is battling cancer
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The head of the Valley's catholic community has been diagnosed with cancer.
Fresno Diocese Bishop John Steinbock told church leaders last week he has lung cancer.
Steinbock is scheduled to meet with doctors this week. The 73-year-old was ordained to the priesthood in 1963.
In 1991, he was appointed bishop of the Fresno Diocese by Pope John Paul II.
fresno county, fresno, local
- 700 Carstens Fire evacuees will be allowed home
- F-15 Fighter Jet touches down in Fresno
- Treatment of mentally ill inmates in jail under scrutiny
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Cancer killed serial killer Richard Ramirez
- Fresno family's dream comes true
- Grapes become Fresno County's 1st billion dollar crop
- Starbucks to post calorie counts for drinks
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members