Madera Sheriff's Deputy suffers injuries in fiery crash
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Madera County Sheriff's Deputy suffered major injuries after a fiery collision near Bass Lake Tuesday afternoon.
The California Highway Patrol says Deputy Homar Puga was responding to a 911 call when he side-swiped a vehicle making a left turn in front of him at Road 222 and Dorstan Drive. The deputy's patrol car then swerved into a tree. After impact, the patrol car caught on fire.
U.S. Forest Service workers who were nearby rescued the deputy from the burning police cruiser.
The CHP says Hogar suffered major injuries in the collision. He was treated and released from Community Regional Medical Center in Fresno.
The two passengers in the other vehicle were not injured.
bass lake, madera, madera county, madera county sheriff department, local
- Man kills home invasion suspect with a sword 53 min ago
- Dog pack kills nearly 80 animals at campus 36 min ago
- Police investigate a home invasion in Central Fresno
- Kai murder investigation details revealed
- Mother of a Fresno toddler talks after hit-and-run
- Car crashes into a parade injuring around 60 people
- Conn. commuter train crash injures more than 60
- Brush fire in Southern California scorches 575 acres
- Pastor caught watching child porn at Disney World
- Clovis resident whose car was used in police chase talks
- Fresno foster youth overcomes adversity to graduate
- Eyewitness to Visalia OIS describes what he saw
- Frontier Airlines returns to Fresno
- Good Sports: Bulldogs in the Kitchen
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos