Son of Fresno native football star remembered
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Elbert Jovante Woods was the son of former Cincinatti Bengals full back and Fresno native, "Ickey" Woods.
Woods collapsed on the field after practicing with his high school football team in Cincinnati last week. The 16-year-old had an asthma attack just hours after the practice while at home.
Friends and family of Elbert called him very loving and giving person, who was a phenomenal athlete.
He will be returned to Cincinnati to be buried next Saturday.
fresno, fresno county, cincinnati bengals, local
- One person shot near the ice rink at the Fulton Mall
- Amber Alert issued for 14-year-old Kennewick Girl
- Two of three missing Dinuba children found safe
- Nelson Mandela has died at the age of 95
- Candlelight Christmas Tractor Parade and Wine Stroll
- Effort to complete Herndon bike trail underway
- Teenage serial burglar, 14, arrested in Merced
- Wanted Fresno burglar caught on camera
- Body of missing Delano woman found in canal
- Two injured in Madera drive-by shooting
- American teacher shot dead in Libya's Benghazi
- US economy grows at 3.6 percent rate in 3rd quarter
- Foothill residents preparing for freezing temps
- US jobless claims drop to 316,000, as layoffs slow
- Fire Safety