6 soldiers return to Fresno from Afghanistan
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The soldiers were greeted with hugs and homemade signs at Fresno Yosemite International Airport.
The soldiers are all part of the 40th Infantry Division's Business Development Team and spent the last year on agricultural, veterinary, and security assignments.
After an emotional homecoming Sunday afternoon, they're looking forward to catching up with their family members.
"It just feels good to be with my family. So happy to see them. It's been a long journey," Jose Lopez of the U.S. Army said.
"I missed them, loved them. There wasn't a day over there I didn't think about my family back here. What they were doing, where they were," Leonard Contreras of the U.S. Army said.
While all of the families said deployments are tough, they said they got through the last year thanks to the support from military and community organizations.
fresno county, fresno, afghanistan, local
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Figure skating champ Boitano says he's gay 20 min ago
- New Mexico Supreme Court: Same-sex marriage legal 51 min ago
- Elderly woman critically injured in Fresno house fire
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Homicide investigated at Porterville Developmental Center
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Valley business gear up for next Fresno State game
- FUSD improves nationally but still behind peers
- Wood burning contributes to bad air quality in the Valley
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos