6 soldiers return to Fresno from Afghanistan
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- The soldiers were greeted with hugs and homemade signs at Fresno Yosemite International Airport.
The soldiers are all part of the 40th Infantry Division's Business Development Team and spent the last year on agricultural, veterinary, and security assignments.
After an emotional homecoming Sunday afternoon, they're looking forward to catching up with their family members.
"It just feels good to be with my family. So happy to see them. It's been a long journey," Jose Lopez of the U.S. Army said.
"I missed them, loved them. There wasn't a day over there I didn't think about my family back here. What they were doing, where they were," Leonard Contreras of the U.S. Army said.
While all of the families said deployments are tough, they said they got through the last year thanks to the support from military and community organizations.
fresno county, fresno, afghanistan, local
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- Mexico government 100 pct sure drug capo killed