Assault on bus headed to Chukchansi Casino
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An arrest has been made in a bizarre attack on board a bus headed to a local casino. David Halla, 56, is charged with assault on an elderly person.
Halla and the victim were among the passengers on board a tour bus traveling from Modesto to Chukchansi Casino in Madera County.
Investigators say Halla punched the victim several times and shouted racial slurs when the victim refused to contribute to a tip for the driver.
The victim is in his 70's and investigators say he speaks no English.
Halla was arrested by Oakhurst Highway Patrol Officers when the bus arrived at the casino.
madera county, modesto, crimetracker, local
- Pedestrian killed in Fresno HWY 99 hit and run 7 min ago
- Trial wrapping up for ex-Clovis cop Kyle Pennington
- Man killed in rollover crash near Selma
- Tentative order in fight over Fresno water rate hikes
- HS rumor played role in Dinuba sexual battery case
- Fresno man gets prison in fatal hit-and-run crash
- Teen stowaway remains hospitalized in Hawaii
- New effort to honor Hmong veterans
- Counting down to the Clovis Rodeo
- Fresno Co won't change Williamson Act tax standards
- Firefighters preparing for fire season at Lost Lake Park
- Suspect injures Fresno Police dog, officers say
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- Porterville prepares for Iris Festival
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos