Assault on bus headed to Chukchansi Casino
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- An arrest has been made in a bizarre attack on board a bus headed to a local casino. David Halla, 56, is charged with assault on an elderly person.
Halla and the victim were among the passengers on board a tour bus traveling from Modesto to Chukchansi Casino in Madera County.
Investigators say Halla punched the victim several times and shouted racial slurs when the victim refused to contribute to a tip for the driver.
The victim is in his 70's and investigators say he speaks no English.
Halla was arrested by Oakhurst Highway Patrol Officers when the bus arrived at the casino.
madera county, modesto, crimetracker, local
- AMBER ALERT: 12-year-old boy abducted in Long Beach 1 min ago
- Authorities investigate a shooting in Madera County
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- Cornell president named new head of Smithsonian
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Man holds out atop roof of San Diego FBI building
- Toddler uses FaceTime to help mom after dog bite
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery