Fire destroys a well known gay bar in Southeast Fresno
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- No one was inside The Den at 6 a.m. when the fire began. It started on the outside of the building and then spread through the attic.
Investigators say the cause of the fire is unknown.
The Den has had several different names over the last 40-years and managers say it is a real loss to the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community.
Dave Smith said, "...safe place to hang out. Very enjoyable. Good atmosphere. It's going to be missed and a tough loss for lots of people."
Damage to the building is estimated at $130,000. The owners have not said if they plan to rebuild or relocate.
fire, fresno southeast, fresno, fresno county, local
- USC defeats Fresno St 45-20 in Las Vegas Bowl 46 min ago
- Teen who was shot at Colorado school dies 26 min ago
- Madera family files claim against city of Los Angeles
- Judge orders hospital to keep teen on support
- Fresno Poverello House in need of toys for kids
- Fresno State program gets students interested in STEM classes
- Parlier students get iPad Airs
- Ryann Jones found guilty of second degree murder
- Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl: Chance for 'Dogs to break bowl...
- Fire burns Three Rivers landmark
- Valley stores open extra hour for holiday rush
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- Man charged in Elbow Room fight pleads not guilty
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos