Fresno County accident kills motorcycle rider
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A motorcycle rider has died after a three vehicle accident in Fresno County. California Highway Patrol investigators said the motorcycle and another car were stopped at a red light on Highway 41 and Elkhorn when the driver of a truck came up from behind and failed to stop. The rider was thrown off the motorcycle upon impact and the truck kept on going, dragging the motorcycle hundreds of feet down the road.
The motorcycle rider was rushed to Community Regional Medical Center via helicopter, but later succumbed to his injuries. The driver of the truck and the other vehicle were uninjured.
California Highway Patrol officers said the investigation is ongoing but drugs and alcohol have been ruled out as factors. At this point, the driver of the truck isn't facing any charges and no citations have been issued.
fresno county, fresno, caruthers, local, amanda perez
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- The new year will mean a new sheriff for Merced County
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Toys for Tots needs just over 10k gifts to meet goal
- Tulare County opens fraud hotline
- Big Sur wildfire destroys fire chief's home
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $636 million
- 3 Fresno State Bulldogs named SI All-Americans Honorable Mentions
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos