Fresno County accident kills motorcycle rider
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A motorcycle rider has died after a three vehicle accident in Fresno County. California Highway Patrol investigators said the motorcycle and another car were stopped at a red light on Highway 41 and Elkhorn when the driver of a truck came up from behind and failed to stop. The rider was thrown off the motorcycle upon impact and the truck kept on going, dragging the motorcycle hundreds of feet down the road.
The motorcycle rider was rushed to Community Regional Medical Center via helicopter, but later succumbed to his injuries. The driver of the truck and the other vehicle were uninjured.
California Highway Patrol officers said the investigation is ongoing but drugs and alcohol have been ruled out as factors. At this point, the driver of the truck isn't facing any charges and no citations have been issued.
fresno county, fresno, caruthers, local, amanda perez
- Fresno 4/20 event fires up health advocates
- Deputies shoot, kill man after high-speed chase
- Divers begin pulling bodies from sunken ferry
- 1 dead, 1 arrested after NW Fresno shooting
- FLIR video captures end of Tulare County chase
- Police arrest 2 suspects in Merced shooting
- 13th body pulled from snow in Everest avalanche
- Health care site flagged in Heartbleed review
- 2 Fresno men arrested in NY for heroin possession
- Deputies: Man smothered crying son over video game
- NASA: Engineer vital to moon landing success dies
- Chopper drops 2,600 golf balls for a good cause
- Blackbeard's hosts large Easter egg hunt
- Easter Brunch recipe