Fresno County accident kills motorcycle rider
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A motorcycle rider has died after a three vehicle accident in Fresno County. California Highway Patrol investigators said the motorcycle and another car were stopped at a red light on Highway 41 and Elkhorn when the driver of a truck came up from behind and failed to stop. The rider was thrown off the motorcycle upon impact and the truck kept on going, dragging the motorcycle hundreds of feet down the road.
The motorcycle rider was rushed to Community Regional Medical Center via helicopter, but later succumbed to his injuries. The driver of the truck and the other vehicle were uninjured.
California Highway Patrol officers said the investigation is ongoing but drugs and alcohol have been ruled out as factors. At this point, the driver of the truck isn't facing any charges and no citations have been issued.
fresno county, fresno, caruthers, local, amanda perez
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Vietnam says cannot find object from missing jet 21 min ago
- Man accused of killing Parlier coach identified
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after Visalia Save Mart robbery 57 min ago
- Woman fatally shot by Fresno police identified
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- New Target store opens in Northwest Fresno 4 min ago
- Pistorius trial: Stunning testimony in 1st week
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Lions owner William Clay Ford dies at 88 31 min ago
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight saving time wrong
- 3D printer and Twitter used to make Oreo cookies