Investigators work to indentify Mendota explosion victims
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Mendota family says their father is one of the victims who was killed in an explosion that claimed three lives.
43-year-old Gerardo Enriquez Senior was walking through his back yard when multiple propane tanks blew up Sunday afternoon.
Family members cleaned up the charred debris. CALFIRE investigators have ruled the disaster -- an accident.
The Fresno County coroner says it could be weeks before he can officially identify the three victims.
Funeral arrangements are on hold until Enriquez's body is released.
explosion, mendota, fire, fresno county, local, john-thomas kobos
- Truck driver dies after pinned while making delivery in Fresno
- Juvenile seriously injured in Planada shooting
- Lawsuit filed after arrest made in Elbow Room fight
- Helicopter crashes while warming citrus grove
- Man arrested after a shooting spree in Fresno
- Man arrested for beating outside Elbow Room
- Pulmonary Rehab: Healing with music
- Fresno State fans plan for the Royal Purple Vegas Bowl 55 min ago
- Derek Carr not on Heisman Trophy finalist list
- Surviving the mall's food court
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face US charges
- Selma High grad, Bobby Cox, elected to Hall of Fame
- 3 cars and FAX bus involved in crash
- Hanford man found dead inside a car in Armona