Abandoned house fire appears to be arson
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno firefighters are investigating a fire at an abandoned home. They say it appears to be the work of a serial arsonist.
The fire broke out just after 4 a.m. Tuesday morning at Garden and Balch in Southeast Fresno. The Fresno Fire Department says someone started the fire outside of the home and it spread inside.
Firefighters were able to quickly put out the flames. They say this fire is the latest in a string of small arson fires across Southeast Fresno.
"We've had a fire on Belmont, we had a fire on McKinley. We had a fire on Kings Canyon. We had multiple trash bin fires on an alley on Cedar and Olive. Those are all within the last few days," said Tony Escobedo with the Fresno Fire Department.
Just minutes before the fire at Garden and Balch, firefighters had to put out a fire on a palm tree on Chestnut and Huntington. The fire department is calling this fire arson as well.
fire, arson, crimetracker, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, local
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 34 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Craigslist played role in Madera Co. shooting
33 min ago