Abandoned house fire appears to be arson
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Fresno firefighters are investigating a fire at an abandoned home. They say it appears to be the work of a serial arsonist.
The fire broke out just after 4 a.m. Tuesday morning at Garden and Balch in Southeast Fresno. The Fresno Fire Department says someone started the fire outside of the home and it spread inside.
Firefighters were able to quickly put out the flames. They say this fire is the latest in a string of small arson fires across Southeast Fresno.
"We've had a fire on Belmont, we had a fire on McKinley. We had a fire on Kings Canyon. We had multiple trash bin fires on an alley on Cedar and Olive. Those are all within the last few days," said Tony Escobedo with the Fresno Fire Department.
Just minutes before the fire at Garden and Balch, firefighters had to put out a fire on a palm tree on Chestnut and Huntington. The fire department is calling this fire arson as well.
fire, arson, crimetracker, fresno, fresno county, fresno southeast, local
- Man found dead with gunshot wounds in Visalia
- Triple stabbing in East Central Fresno
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Visalia Police: Street racer crashes into mattress store
- Fire sprinklers cause flooding at FCOE after small fire
- Sanger police chase ends in crash
- Israel halts peace talks with Palestinians
- Man killed in rollover crash near Caruthers
- Wyoming gas explosion prompts evacuation of town
- Clashes in east Ukraine leave at least 2 dead
- Activists: Syrian airstrikes in north kill 18
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Mom bites off dog's ear to save daughter during attack
- Man worried 'MURDER' tattoo might hurt his case