Shooting victim becomes football victor
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- A South Valley football standout sidelined for months after a shooting, is now back on the field.
Nicholas Salazar was caught in the middle of a gang shootout in May. Bullets flew past his head and body -- until one struck him in the hip.
Doctors told the Farmersville high senior his days of playing sports were over, but Nicholas proved them wrong.
farmersville, local, shannon handy
- Bloody burglary suspect caught by Madera neighbors
- Burglars steal firefighting tools from Forest Service
- Two dead after gunfire in the town of Lindcove
- Dinuba apartment manager arrested on forgery charges
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- Drought may impact farmers market prices
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Valley teens on a spring break job hunt
- Kingsburg water meters change watering habits
- Former Bell city manager gets 12 years in prison
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- Lemoore considers tough water rules