Mariposa County fire burns 70 acres
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Firefighters in Mariposa County were mopping up hotspots Sunday morning after a wildfire that burned about 70 acres this weekend.
The fire started Saturday afternoon, near Telegraph Hill and Whitlock Road.
That's the same area that burned during the devastating telegraph fire in 2008. Cal-fire officials say this blaze did not threaten any homes.
About 150 firefighters from Mariposa, Madera, and the Sierra National Forest worked to put out the fire.
mariposa county, widlfire, local
- Deputy-involved shooting in Tulare County
- California AG promotes bills to reduce truancy 37 min ago
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say
- Homeowners asked to prepare for busy fire season
- Clovis man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Marketplace at El Paseo holds grand opening
- PlayStation 4's faulty parental controls
- Hip surgery complication: Uneven limbs
- Video: Take a tour of the 'smartphone home'
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident