Mariposa County fire burns 70 acres
FRESNO, Calif. (KFSN) -- Firefighters in Mariposa County were mopping up hotspots Sunday morning after a wildfire that burned about 70 acres this weekend.
The fire started Saturday afternoon, near Telegraph Hill and Whitlock Road.
That's the same area that burned during the devastating telegraph fire in 2008. Cal-fire officials say this blaze did not threaten any homes.
About 150 firefighters from Mariposa, Madera, and the Sierra National Forest worked to put out the fire.
mariposa county, widlfire, local
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos