Small plane crash at Visalia Airport
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- The runway at a South Valley airport is back open Tuesday night after a small plane crash.
The crash happened at the Visalia Municipal Airport off Plaza Drive near Highway 198.
This Mooney 20, four-passenger plane took off for a test flight from the Visalia airport at 9:40 Tuesday morning.
Fire officials say the pilot immediately encountered mechanical problems and tried to turn around and land.
A wing hit the ground and the plane's nose gear collapsed.
The pilot was the only person on board. He was not injured in the accident.
plane crash, visalia, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Edison High School ROP teacher shot in classroom
- Copper thieves flood Tower District businesses
- Spencer Scarber denied new trial in rape case
- Authorities file charges in Elbow Room beating
- Valley experts give advice after Target accounts hacked
- SoCal tour bus crash injures 22, kills 1
- Consumer Watch: Handheld video gaming devices
- Operation Bulldog cracks down on gang members
- Freeze impacts one Valley farmer's tropical fruit harvest
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- In-N-Out opens in Hanford
- City of Fresno hiring to help city development
- Dozens injured at partial London theater collapse
- Murders, car thefts, robberies up in Visalia other crimes down
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos