Small plane crash at Visalia Airport
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- The runway at a South Valley airport is back open Tuesday night after a small plane crash.
The crash happened at the Visalia Municipal Airport off Plaza Drive near Highway 198.
This Mooney 20, four-passenger plane took off for a test flight from the Visalia airport at 9:40 Tuesday morning.
Fire officials say the pilot immediately encountered mechanical problems and tried to turn around and land.
A wing hit the ground and the plane's nose gear collapsed.
The pilot was the only person on board. He was not injured in the accident.
plane crash, visalia, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Air force chief: Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Fresno PD: Man hit by vehicle while jaywalking
- Free health care enrollment fair held in Fresno
- Parlier youth football team mourns slain coach
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Paraglider rescued after crashing near Dunlap
- Suspected gang member nabbed in fatal Fresno shooting
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Plea deal for inmate accused of killing correctional officer
- Woman struck, killed by car on Hwy 180 identified
- Elderly drivers: When to turn over the keys
- United Way celebrates 90 years of serving Fresno County
- Fresno gas theft caught on surveillance video
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals