Small plane crash at Visalia Airport
VISALIA, Calif. (KFSN) -- The runway at a South Valley airport is back open Tuesday night after a small plane crash.
The crash happened at the Visalia Municipal Airport off Plaza Drive near Highway 198.
This Mooney 20, four-passenger plane took off for a test flight from the Visalia airport at 9:40 Tuesday morning.
Fire officials say the pilot immediately encountered mechanical problems and tried to turn around and land.
A wing hit the ground and the plane's nose gear collapsed.
The pilot was the only person on board. He was not injured in the accident.
plane crash, visalia, tulare county, local, jessica peres
- Man shot in head while sitting in Fresno apartment
- Man arrested for exposing himself in front of kids
- Merced County swears in nation's 1st Hmong judge
- Crime spree ends with 2 arrested in Fresno
- Suspects sought after man stabbed in Parlier
- Man accused of molesting minor, having child porn
- Two convicted in murder of Fresno sex offender
- Captain of sunken South Korean ferry arrested
- California farmers to get more water
- Police raid LA Times building after threat reports
- Heart of the Horse is expanding
- Magnitude-7.2 earthquake shakes Mexican capital
- Calwa Catholics mark Good Friday with procession
- Health Watch: depressed preschoolers?
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos