3-year-old Madera boy killed in hit and run
MADERA, Calif. (KFSN) -- A three-year-old boy has died in a hit-and-run crash and now police are looking for the driver. The accident happened just before seven o'clock Tuesday night at Olive and Martin, just off Highway 99.
Police say the child was crossing Olive Avenue with family members in a crosswalk when he was hit by an SUV heading west on Olive. The driver turned around after the crash, but then sped off. Madera Police describe the driver as a light skinned, possibly Hispanic female in her 20's. The suspect vehicle is described as a late model silver or gray Saturn S.U.V.
The three-year-old was taken to Madera Community Hospital following the crash, where he succumbed to his injuries.
The picture from the scene is provided by the Madera Tribune.
madera, madera county, local, amanda perez
- Serial college campus sex offender to be released soon
- 2 Men accused of firing 40 shots at law enforcement
- Freeze threatens unique tropical farm
- Bulldog gang members have gun battle with officer
- Fracking: Central Valley boom or nightmare?
- Newtown 911 dispatcher urged callers to take cover
- Mexico: Stolen radioactive cobalt box found empty
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- A wish is coming true for a South Valley girl
- Fresno supervisors approve moving coroner to sheriff
- OTRC: Paul Walker autopsy results released
- BART train evacuated after brake problem
- Family blames company for flammable water
- Man tries to kill ex-girlfriend by setting fire to home