Kings County Supervisor arrested on rape charges
CORCORAN, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Kings County Supervisor is facing charges for allegedly raping a woman.
Corcoran Police say 40-year-old Richard Valle was arrested Wednesday for raping a 24-year-old friend while she was unconscious.
Police say the two were drinking earlier in the night at his house. Hours later, the woman arrived at police headquarters crying -- and claiming she had been raped by Valle.
Richard Valle was elected to the Board of Supervisors in 2008. He could be arraigned on the sexual assault charges as early as Friday.
kings county, corcoran, crimetracker, local, jessica peres
- FS hires White as new Women's Basketball Coach
- Two killed in shooting in Lindcove 10 min ago
- FFD: Squatters likely causing dangerous fires
- Recycled water may ease drought concerns
- Lemoore considers tough water rules
- 4 dead, 292 missing in South Korea ferry disaster
- New twist in case of murdered Fresno sex offender
- Boston police safely blow up suspicious backpacks
- Job seekers interview for the world's...
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- Police say 5 dead in Calgary stabbings
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- China's growth slows to 7.4 percent in 1Q
- Bank of America posts loss, hurt by legal expenses