Kings County Supervisor arrested on rape charges
CORCORAN, Calif. (KFSN) -- A Kings County Supervisor is facing charges for allegedly raping a woman.
Corcoran Police say 40-year-old Richard Valle was arrested Wednesday for raping a 24-year-old friend while she was unconscious.
Police say the two were drinking earlier in the night at his house. Hours later, the woman arrived at police headquarters crying -- and claiming she had been raped by Valle.
Richard Valle was elected to the Board of Supervisors in 2008. He could be arraigned on the sexual assault charges as early as Friday.
kings county, corcoran, crimetracker, local, jessica peres
- Woman dies in NE Fresno officer-involved shooting
- Man dies after being shot in the chest in Parlier
- Crews battle large fire at Fresno County warehouse
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Man who inspired Three Strikes law may be sentenced under it
- One person dead in Northwest Fresno accident
- Unemployment figures: Slight economic improvement
- Near drownings on the rise
- California jury deadlocks in ex-NFL player's death
- AP: FBI investigates prison company
- SubCom companies thinking inside the box 45 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- CIF Central Section Basketball Finals 24 min ago