Tulare teen held for the murder of his grandmother
TULARE, Calif. (KFSN) -- A teen in Tulare is facing murder charges after police say he killed his grandmother.
Investigators say 18-year-old Raul Viveros killed Solidad Hinojos at a home in Tulare Wednesday night. Police say Viveros then took off in the 71-year-olds car.
CHP officers found him at a weigh station south of Bakersfield early Thursday morning.
Detectives took evidence from the home but wouldn't say if the murder weapon had been found.
Viveros has been booked into the Tulare County Jail. This is the third homicide in Tulare so far this year.
tulare, tulare county, crimetracker, murder, local, tommy tran
- Carstens Fire blamed on unattended campfire
- Sierra Fire near Auberry at 50 percent containment
- Firefighters save home north of Clovis
- Resources stretched thin as fires ignite around the Valley
- Officer involved shooting in Visalia
- Teresa Ceja and Jose Velarde guilty of murder
- Special Olympics torch run through Fresno County
- Summer food programs offer meals to children
- Fresno looks for cost savings after Measure G fails
- FPD seize weapons from gang members
- Car Crashes into a Visalia Chipotle
- Man finds Reedley mother's stolen ashes
- Police identify Central Fresno murder suspect
- Smoke from fires may cause health risks