Tulare teen held for the murder of his grandmother
TULARE, Calif. (KFSN) -- A teen in Tulare is facing murder charges after police say he killed his grandmother.
Investigators say 18-year-old Raul Viveros killed Solidad Hinojos at a home in Tulare Wednesday night. Police say Viveros then took off in the 71-year-olds car.
CHP officers found him at a weigh station south of Bakersfield early Thursday morning.
Detectives took evidence from the home but wouldn't say if the murder weapon had been found.
Viveros has been booked into the Tulare County Jail. This is the third homicide in Tulare so far this year.
tulare, tulare county, crimetracker, murder, local, tommy tran
- 'Sextortion' suspect set for freedom
- Trash dispute apparently led to fatal shooting 36 min ago
- New details unfold in fatal Fresno PD shooting
- Amber Alert canceled: Long Beach boy found safe
- Madera Co. shooting tied to drugs, investigators say 25 min ago
- Los Angeles police arrest man in severed head case
- Electricity problems hit Fresno Co. Sheriff's Office
- USGS: 6.9 earthquake hits 50 miles west of Eureka
- Calif. emissions law could make gas prices jump
- Russia warns Ukraine over 'lawlessness' in east
- Photos: 10 suspects caught in the act
- Police: Man killed in Fresno gang-related shooting
- Bees attack drivers after SoCal car crash
- Photos: Pictures from Malaysia Airlines incident
- Did Craigslist play role in Madera Co....
25 min ago