Tulare teen held for the murder of his grandmother
TULARE, Calif. (KFSN) -- A teen in Tulare is facing murder charges after police say he killed his grandmother.
Investigators say 18-year-old Raul Viveros killed Solidad Hinojos at a home in Tulare Wednesday night. Police say Viveros then took off in the 71-year-olds car.
CHP officers found him at a weigh station south of Bakersfield early Thursday morning.
Detectives took evidence from the home but wouldn't say if the murder weapon had been found.
Viveros has been booked into the Tulare County Jail. This is the third homicide in Tulare so far this year.
tulare, tulare county, crimetracker, murder, local, tommy tran
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai 23 min ago
- Teen girl found dead in Madera County stream
- Bad air keeps some Valley students indoors
- Valley schools prepare for new transgender law
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Man accused of killing Los Banos boy in crash changes plea
- Public tickets to the Royal Purple Las Vegas Bowl sold out
- Calif senator: Revenge porn law should include selfies
- Mega Million Winning Numbers
- Marijuana was target of Fresno Co home invasion
- Kai was neither hero nor did he cause crash, witnesses say
- Scams can include investments with friends
- Jury awards $1.5 million in Fresno Police excessive force trial
- Valley growers told to brace for drought
- Fresno attorney reenacts testimony from Kai
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos