Merced teens arrested after high speed chase
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced County Sheriff's Deputies arrested five teens after a high speed chase early Sunday morning.
The chase started in Merced County near the intersection of Dan Ward Road and Santa Fe.
Investigators say a deputy was investigating a theft at nearby medical marijuana grow site when he saw a car make an illegal u-turn. The car sped away, reaching speeds of more than 100-miles-per-hour.
Officers cornered the suspects in a cul-de-sac on Juneau Court near Conestoga in the city of Merced. They say that's when the suspects aimed their car at deputies and rammed them. But they were unable to get past the patrol cars.
Five teens were taken into custody, between the ages of 13 and 17.
Inside the car deputies found a large amount of marijuana that appeared to have been just pulled from the ground. Investigators are trying to determine if the two incidents are related.
high speed chase, theft, marijuana, crimetracker, merced, merced county, local
- Dozens killed as tornado strikes Oklahoma town
- Teacher convicted of sex with student sentenced
- Fire breaks out at winery near Reedley
- Tower District crimes attacked head-on
- Valley Works: Educational partnership providing opportunities 56 min ago
- FPU hopes Wilson is answer for women's hoops
- Experts say warm spring means more bugs
- Valley gets cutting-edge way to treat skin blemishes
- Search for new Fresno State president wrapping up
- Fowler High School holds college signing day
- Lilly 2 fire in Yosemite Lakes 80 percent contained
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Cement truck overturns on HWY 99 to HWY 180 interchange
- Neighbors help save Madera home from fire
- Valley Works: Educational partnership...
55 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos