Merced teens arrested after high speed chase
MERCED, Calif. (KFSN) -- Merced County Sheriff's Deputies arrested five teens after a high speed chase early Sunday morning.
The chase started in Merced County near the intersection of Dan Ward Road and Santa Fe.
Investigators say a deputy was investigating a theft at nearby medical marijuana grow site when he saw a car make an illegal u-turn. The car sped away, reaching speeds of more than 100-miles-per-hour.
Officers cornered the suspects in a cul-de-sac on Juneau Court near Conestoga in the city of Merced. They say that's when the suspects aimed their car at deputies and rammed them. But they were unable to get past the patrol cars.
Five teens were taken into custody, between the ages of 13 and 17.
Inside the car deputies found a large amount of marijuana that appeared to have been just pulled from the ground. Investigators are trying to determine if the two incidents are related.
high speed chase, theft, marijuana, crimetracker, merced, merced county, local
- 8 min ago
- Merced Co. industrial explosion kills 1, injures 2
- Silent Sleigh and Mandela Controversy 56 min ago
- Police say internet cafe doubled as gambling house
- '12 Years,' 'Hustle' lead Globes nominations
- Chief Dyer testifies in excessive force trial
- US unemployment aid applications surge to 368,000
- Merced Co. District Attorney Warns of IRS Phone Scam
- Walking Dead actress admits sending ricin to Obama
- Grieving Merced husband and father talks to ABC30
- 3 rescued from Fresno apartment fire
- Fresno police target gangs in new operation
- Farmers markets hit by freeze
- Fresno Co. supervisors OK preliminary marijuana ban
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos